Fair Oaks Capital Limited (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with the Terms and Conditions of this website) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat such information.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Fair Oaks Capital Limited of 67-68 Jermyn Street, London SW1Y 6NY.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes any information provided at the time of registering to use our site, requesting to download prospectuses or other documentation, subscribing to our services, or requesting further products or services from us;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources and web pages that you access.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. If we have given you (or if you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and accordingly any transmission is at your own risk. However once we have received your information, we will use all appropriate procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your data.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information about our products and services that you request from us, invitations to events or other marketing correspondence by way of e-mail or other medium;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To provide you with services or information that are requested by you;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our business, products or services;
- To comply with any applicable laws or regulations to which we are subject. These will include all regulations laid down by the Financial Conduct Authority, by whom we are authorised and regulated; and
- any other internal purposes that we believe to be necessary.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to our commonly owned affiliate, Fair Oaks Capital US LP, together with any other futures members of our Group as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell all or part of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to any prospective and/or actual buyer(s) of such business or assets;
- if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets in the acquisition; and
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at IR@fairoakscap.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the treatment of your data by any third parties. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to receive a copy of your personal data that we hold. If you would like to do so, please contact us at IR@fairoakscap.com. Any such request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.